Classic Crème Caramel
- 175g CASTER SUGAR
- 80ml WATER
- 210ml FULL CREAM MILK
- 210ml POURING CREAM
- 2 WHOLE EGGS
- 5 EGG YOLKS EXTRA
- 85g CASTER SUGAR
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA DREAMS VANILLA EXTRACT
- Preheat your oven to 150°C.
- Place the 175g caster sugar and water in a saucepan over high heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to the boil and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the mix is dark golden. Pour into 4 x 200ml size ovenproof dishes and roll the caramel around the sides of the dish. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the caramel is set.
- Place the eggs, egg yolks, 85g caster sugar & vanilla in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Place the milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it just comes to the boil. Remove from heat
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the eggs, whisking to combine. Strain the mixture into a jug & pour into the dishes.
- Place dishes in a water bath. Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove dishes from the water bath and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the crème caramels from the fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Classic Crème Caramel By – Vintique Cakes